Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekend Review

Ferda and I both had Friday off, which was really nice. We slept in, watched some tv and the movie Eagle Eye which I really liked. Also did some groceries and chores before I had to leave home around 6pm.

I participated the Cancer Society's Relay for Life which started at 7pm Friday night and went throughout the night until 7am Saturday morning. It was a very successful event. According to the website, more than $600,000 was raised in the three Ottawa events (Nepean, Stittsville, Orleans). Our team of six decided we should run the full 12 hours, and we did. Of the near 300 teams there, we placed 3rd in overall laps completed which was quite impressive. Somewhere around 325 laps. My share would likely be about 20 kms ran.

After the event was over, I went home and showered and grabbed my ultimate gear and headed to the CHEO BBQ ultimate tournament. Luckily our team had a bye for the first game so I could grab about an hours worth of sleep before playing. Our team did ok considering we were playing in the comp division. However, by the third game my knees were giving out and I had to call it quits. I just could no longer keep up with my mark and aggressive cuts just hurt too much. It was a really nice sunny day though and I'm glad I went. Ferda was there too volunteering throughout the day so she got to watch a number of our games. When I got home around 3 or 4pm I crashed pretty hard for the remainder of the night.

Sunday had me downtown for union business (for which I'm still the treasurer) for 9-3; we got a lot of stuff accomplished so it was a good day. We also had a nice lunch at Baton Rouge. The rest of Sunday evening had me at home, chilling out with Ferds.

My knees are feeling much better now, which is good because I will have an ulti game again tonight (providing the weather holds out). Not too excited to be back at work this morning, but I suppose I don't really have a choice. Peace out internet.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm
not seeing very good success. If you know of any please share.
Thanks!

My blog - More Info

Anonymous said...

That is very interesting, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
I've joined your feed and sit up for looking for extra of your fantastic post. Additionally, I have shared your site in my social networks

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another wonderful post. Where else may anyone get that type of info in such a perfect approach of
writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.

Feel free to surf to my webpage website

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another fantastic post. The place else may just anybody get that kind of
information in such a perfect means of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I'm
at the look for such information.

my web site :: more information

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Feel free to surf to my website: visit link

Anonymous said...

I was more than happy to find this web site. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!
! I definitely loved every part of it and I have you book marked to
see new stuff on your web site.

my weblog ... more info

Anonymous said...

I read this post fully regarding the difference of most recent and previous technologies, it's remarkable article.

my homepage :: website

Anonymous said...

I'll right away clutch your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Kindly let me know in order that I may subscribe. Thanks.

my homepage :: click here

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this
matter to be actually something which I think I would never understand.
It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!


My weblog; know more

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 3gs! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!

My weblog website

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this excellent read!
! I absolutely loved every bit of it. I have got you bookmarked
to look at new things you post…

Also visit my web blog - website

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

my webpage - more information

Anonymous said...

Hello, its pleasant paragraph about media print, we all know media is a fantastic source
of facts.

my blog post ... click here

Anonymous said...

Quality posts is the main to attract the people to go to see the web site, that's what this website is providing.

Here is my homepage - more info

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
..HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Too cool!

Here is my blog post - Recruitment Agencies Johannesburg

Anonymous said...

I do trust all of the ideas you have introduced in your post.
They are really convincing and will definitely work.
Still, the posts are too short for starters. May just
you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.


Also visit my weblog; http://www.teass.co.za